[Hackrf-dev] Rf amplifier not working

Michael Ossmann mike at ossmann.com
Wed Feb 7 13:59:18 EST 2018

On Wed, Feb 07, 2018 at 02:12:33PM +0100, giuseppe wrote:

> activating rf amp silences the reception and does not increase tx level.
>
> Is it PA broken alone or should I replace RF  switch ic(s) as well?

Usually this can be repaired by replacing just the amplifier IC (U13 for RX or
U25 for TX).

> Which is the expected behavior on RX if rf amp is engaged?

You should be able to observe an increase in signal power when the RF amp is
activated.  If the RF amp is broken, activating the amp typically results in a
decrease in signal power instead of an increase.

By the way, your mail client has done an unneighborly thing in designating your
email as multipart/alternative with an empty text/plain section.  In some mail
clients (and probably the mailing list digest) this makes the body of your
message appear empty.

Mike