[Hackrf-dev] Hackrf and raspberry pi

Dominic Spill dominicgs at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 15:33:07 EDT 2017

On 14 September 2017 at 00:26, abhilash b <abhilash2606 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am new to GNU radio and I saw your videos in the website, found very
much useful.
> I want to connect HackRF to Raspberry Pi module having raspbian OS. I
tried it, and even the device is being recognized in the terminal. But The
HackRF is not able to send data and I found this strange. Is this the power
limitation with Raspberry Pi?

The Raspberry Pi has poor USB performance, especially while trying to do
something sustained, such as transferring samples from the HackRF.  Try
lowering the bandwidth that you are receiving, perhaps to 8000000 (8 MSps).

You may also want to try a powered hub.

Dominic