[Hackrf-dev] Troubles with multiple HackRFs

Pierre AVITAL pierre.avital at utt.fr
Wed May 3 10:57:19 EDT 2017

Hello,

I have been trying to use 2 HackRFs to try to get a full duplex working as well as to test performance requirements for multiple HackRF handling.

But I can't get both to function at the same time, as it appears nothing HackRF related will work once one of them is in use.
As far as I've tested, once a hackrf is used in any way (my method was using osmosdr's osmocom_fft), any use of libhackrf (even hackrf_info) will result in the following :
hackrf_open() failed: HACKRF_ERROR_LIBUSB (-1000)

Using dmesg, I've found that both hackrf's have the same serial, but that being 0, I doubt any hackrfs have different serials, so I don't think that's the problem.
I've tried reinstalling libusb and libhackrf to no avail.

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Pierre.