[Hackrf-dev] not so good experience for my first SDR

Chuck McManis chuck.mcmanis at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 14:13:30 EDT 2017

Reading this it sounds like there is a misunderstanding here.

If you have sampling issues you will get an *underrun* not an *overrun*.

If you are getting an *overrun* between the HackRF and your audio card then
you need to put a sample decimeter between them. You can slow the 'output'
samples from a decimeter block arbirarily down. In other words you could
sample the HackRF at 20Mhz and decimate it by 200,000 and the output would
be 1,000 samples per second (very slow).

If you are getting OVERRUNs add more decimation
if you are getting UNDERRUNs then increase the sample rate.

--Chuck