[Hackrf-dev] Is my new (old) HackRF Deaf?

Cinaed Simson cinaed.simson at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 21:31:23 EDT 2017

You can tell if the HackRF is deaf by looking at the signal in Qt
frequency sink in gnuradio tutorials on greatscottgadgets.com.

Which you should noticed if you completed the FM tutorial successfully.

If you can see a signal inside Qt frequency sink, then the HackRF isn't
deaf.

It's possible Ubuntu is deaf. Deaf doesn't mean the HackRF isn't working
- it means there may be problem with your audio.

Unless you post the gnuradio flowgraph, it's operator error.

If there was a problem with the flowgraph either under sampling or
oversampling, how would you know?

Unless you state the most important part of the system - the computer -
is it an Intel i5 equivalent or better - and how was the HackRF
connected to the computer - was it the only USB device, then it's an
external hardware problem.

Did you complete all the videos? If true, what is the maximum Hackrf
transfer rate for your computer?

Unless you state that Ubuntu is running on bare metal and assuming it's
actually an audio problem, it's a Windows problem.

-- Cinaed