[Hackrf-dev] Firmware update fails

John Hagensieker hagensieker at mac.com
Sat Jul 1 12:48:18 EDT 2017

I have a new Hackrf that I just tried to update the firmware on.   My problem is identical to Issue # 380

https://github.com/mossmann/hackrf/issues/380 <https://github.com/mossmann/hackrf/issues/380>

The .dfu file loads fine and the hackrf board works fine.  I then flash firmware which also seems to work however the device bricks if the reset button is pressed or the hackrf is disconnected and reconnected via USB.   Something is preventing the written firmware from surviving a reboot or re-attachement.  I have scoured the web to solve the issue. Any and all help appreciated.

I have done this from Pentoo latest, debian and Mac OS X Sierra.  Essentially the same result on all.

John