[Hackrf-dev] sample rate USB limitation

Marc Pàmies Massip mpamies247 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 19:17:09 EST 2017

Hi everyone,

I am using a HackRF with my laptop (HP Spectre from 2016), but I am not sure if its USB ports are good enough for this device. You can find attached the output of "hackrf_transfer -r NUL -s 8000000", and as you can see the values from the first column are not always the same as in the second column. I was using the minimum sample rate recommended for the HackRF (8 MHz), so does it mean that I should use another computer to obtain reliable results? Is there a way to fix this without changing the computer or I should just work with sample rates under the minimum recommended?

Thank you very much,

Marc.

PD: I don't know if it has anything to do with this, but according to the output of "hackrf_info" my firmware version is 2014.08.1. Should I upgrade it or it's not necessary?