[Hackrf-dev] Re program the CPU ?

Dominic Spill dominicgs at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 20:40:22 EST 2017

On 15 January 2017 at 04:04, Ben Z en de rest <hoofdeigenwijs at gmail.com>
wrote:

> So, The D+ for the USB is 2 ohm to ground. Completely grounded...
>
> I found someone who can replace the processor.
>
> But what do I need after that, to get the HackRF working again ?

If the SPI flash chip is still in working order, then you may not need to
do anything, it may just work.

If not, then you'll need to use DFU mode as documented here:
https://github.com/mossmann/hackrf/wiki/Updating-Firmware#
only-if-necessary-dfu-boot, followed by a regular firmware update.

> The Hack RF is still working with the Porta Pack, I can control it and it
still does receive.
> and my computers have a good earth connection now.

If the PortaPack is still working then the microcontroller (LPC4320) is
still working.  There's a fair chance that all you've damaged is the USB
ESD protection, which is designed to protect the microcontroller from this
sort of thing.