[Hackrf-dev] Raspberry Pis and HackRFs

Dominic Spill dominicgs at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 13:30:03 EST 2017

On 12 February 2017 at 11:51, Rustu Yucel <rustuyucel at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have an error as " hackrf sweep: undefined symbol: hackrf_init_sweep "
and no sweep function of course
> What should be done?

This sounds like the same problem, you have two copies of libhackrf
installed.  I recommend removing all copies of libhackrf and them
re-running the "make install" step of the installation.

Dominic

> On 12 Feb 2017, at 19:23, Dominic Spill <dominicgs at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 12 February 2017 at 07:21, Roy <roydxb at me.com> wrote:
> >
> > The RPi3, which was working earlier, apart from hackrf_sweep:
> >
> > pi at raspberrypi3:~/hackrf/host/build $ hackrf_info
> > Found HackRF board.
> > Board ID Number: 2 (HackRF One)
> > Firmware Version: 2017.02.1
> > Part ID Number: 0xa000cb3c 0x004f4f5b
> > Serial Number: 0x00000000 0x00000000 0x14d463dc 0x0f5cafe1
> > pi at raspberrypi3:~/hackrf/host/build $ hackrf_sweep
> > hackrf_sweep: symbol lookup error: hackrf_sweep: undefined symbol:
hackrf_open_by_serial

> > So I rebooted and now I get this:
> >
> > pi at raspberrypi3:~/hackrf/host/build $ hackrf_info
> > hackrf_info version: git-0335f1a
> > hackrf_info: symbol lookup error: hackrf_info: undefined symbol:
hackrf_library_release

> This is picking up an older copy of libhackrf, possibly the previous
install, possibly one from a package manager.

> As Martin suggested, using "ldd /usr/local/bin/hackrf_info" should show
you which version is installed, this error message would suggest that it's
picking up 0.4 rather than 0.5.