[Hackrf-dev] release 2017.02.1

Dominic Spill dominicgs at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 12:08:15 EST 2017

On 13 February 2017 at 09:35, Gavin Jacobs <apriljunkbox at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I have a dual boot computer (Windows and Ubuntu). So, I could use the
Ubuntu system to update the firmware, but would I need to update hackrf
host on both OS?

That's correct.  You can also use the hackrf_spiflash tool under Windows to
update the firmware, once you have it built.

> If yes, then I would like to hear from anyone who has actually built the
latest hackrf host tools on Windows. The instructions on the git site don't
work, so I'm looking for someone who has made it work. And if such a person
can be found, can you post the procedure? Or can you simply post the
binaries?

I have built the HackRF tools on a Windows system recently and I have also
set up automated builds using Appveyor:
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/mossmann/hackrf

Could you give more details on what doesn't work with the instructions and
I will attempt to fix them.

Thanks,
  Dominic

______________________________
Rustu Yucel <rustuyucel at gmail.com>
> Sent: February 11, 2017 10:22:34 PM
> To: Michael Ossmann
> Cc: hackrf-dev at greatscottgadgets.com
> Subject: Re: [Hackrf-dev] release 2017.02.1
>
> Thanks for new firmware! But how about update with Windows OS?
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On 12 Feb 2017, at 05:16, Michael Ossmann <mike at ossmann.com> wrote:
> >
> > Brian,
> >
> > That's great to hear!  My guess is that it was the reduction of power
> > consumption that helped.  Have you tried running your HackRF off a
powered hub?

> > Mike
> >

> >> On Sat, Feb 11, 2017 at 06:59:15PM -0700, Brian Gieryk wrote:
> >>
> >> Before the update, I was running the Hackrf in GQRX on a Raspberry Pi
3B.

> >> Input rate was 1 Msps, I could only run narrow fm, and I could not run
DSP and use my mouse at the same time.  In other words, performance was all
but unusable...

> >> After the update, I can now run 1.5 Msps, my mouse functions, and Wide
fm is not great, but it is not overloading the cpu any longer.  In other
words, useability increased by a factor of 10, at least!

> >> Thank you very much to the development team that made this happen!
> >>
> >> Brian
> >> KE6IYC
> >>
> >> Sent from my iPhone

GHz per