[Hackrf-dev] Raspberry Pis and HackRFs

Martin Müller mail at mueller-martin.net
Sun Feb 12 10:46:08 EST 2017

I seem to have the same issue. If I run "ldd /usr/local/bin/hackrf_info"
I can see that it is linked to "/usr/lib64/libhackrf.so.0" which for me
points to "/usr/lib64/libhackrf.so.0 -> libhackrf.so.0.4.0" (found out
using "ls -l /usr/lib64/libhackrf.so.0" but I guess it should be
"/usr/local/lib/libhackrf.so.0.5.0" although I've removed hackrf-tools
and libhackrf from my package manager.

I had to manually remove "/usr/lib64/libhackrf.so.0.4.0" and
/usr/lib64/libhackrf.so.0" which links to it and reinstall the
hackrf_tools to make it work. Note: I had to completely remove the build
folder and restart from there as the CMake step seems to determine the
library paths. Just using "make clean" and "make install" etc. did not help.

My guess is that the old library is a leftover from a prior version
which didn't get overwritten because the path prefix changed for me.

Martin