[Hackrf-dev] How to update Hackrf-tools?

Adam Blanquart ablanquart at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 00:32:05 EST 2017

Brian,

I'm not on a Raspberry Pi at the moment, so your commands may vary
slightly.  This is how I perform the install on Kali (should be the same
for Ubuntu (Debian)):

Install dependencies and make sure have you have a local copy of the hackrf
github repo:

*overflow at pollan:~$ sudo apt-get install git gcc cmake make fftw3 fftw3-dev
pkg-config build-essentialoverflow at pollan:~$ git clone
https://github.com/mossmann/hackrf <https://github.com/mossmann/hackrf>*
(If you already have this repo cloned locally, you can update it by running
a git pull):

*overflow at pollan:~/hackrf$ cd hackrf *

*overflow at pollan:~/hackrf$ git pull*
cmake the files

*overflow at pollan:~/hackrf$ cd hackrf*

*overflow at pollan:~/hackrf$ mkdir build*

*overflow at pollan:~/hackrf$ cd build*

*overflow at pollan:~/hackrf/build$ cmake ..*
*overflow at pollan:~/hackrf/build$ make && make install*

Check to see if installed ok (Remember, hackrf_debug is a new command..)

*overflow at pollan:~/hackrf$ hackrf_debug*

If you get instructions here, you should be all set. If you are unable to
build, it's possible that the dependencies are named slightly different on
Raspian.  I can fire up my Pi later tonight to be sure if you have issues.

Enjoy!

-adam (overflow_ on freenode)

--
ADAM BLANQUART | ablanquart at gmail.com |