[Hackrf-dev] Fwd: Dead Hack RF - Update

Dana Shtun ve3dss at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 11 14:05:37 EST 2017

Fortunately I found a friend who can do SMD rework locally
and had him replace the microprocessor.

Well, this cured the very hot (burn your finger) micro issue, but the hack is still dead.

Further investigation suggests that the DC-DC power supply chip (TPS62410)
is dead, as the 2 voltages it is supposed to produce are missing.

I did find that others had experienced various failures of the power supply chip
in the past, so I’m hopeful that it is part of the problem. I also see
that there is a more robust chip in the series. (ie higher current capabilities)

Dana
VE3DS