[Hackrf-dev] project insights from the HackRF Team

Gary Newell garyn87048 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 18:58:21 EDT 2017

HackRF Team -

Thank you for the videos, lessons, and how-to guides!  I am new to SDR and
I've worked my way through the lessons, tinkered with Jarad's TPMS project,
and figured out how to compile and make small modifications to
gnuradio-companion modules.  I appreciate the availability of the training
materials!

I'm curious if you happen to know of an open source SDR effort that is
focused on passively painting a picture of all the electronic devices
transmitting nearby?  A snapshot of my current environment?  For example,
I'm currently near these cellphone towers, there are these sets of TPMS near
me, these devices are seeking wifi connections, these wifi sources are
available, these Bluetooth devices are active, and this 'thing' transmitting
unknown stuff.  Totally novice question, . I see projects for particular
areas, but are you aware of one that pulls the various efforts into one
integrated 'proximity' package?  I would like to participate as a great way
to learn SDR and because I think it would be a cool project to create.

Thanks in advance for the insights and pointers!

Gary

---