[Hackrf-dev] not so good experience for my first SDR

Cinaed Simson cinaed.simson at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 20:32:15 EDT 2017

On 04/18/2017 12:28 PM, mohammed hamoud alkindy wrote:
> Million thanks, it works for me too and I am a happy man☺ even though I have allot to understand like the rational resampler and how the decimation is equal to the sampling rate!!! And the quadrature rate!!!!! Is this the original digitizing sampling rate? I still get some Ua’s every now and then. But for now I will just experiment with the different parameter after I understand their significants
>
> Thanks you ag

Glad it works for you!

In general, decimation is not equal to the sampling rate - it's only
true in the case of your flow graph.

Typically, one puts a low pass filter immediately after the source at
the highest sampling rate - and let the low pass filter do the first
decimation.

Decimation is down sampling and interpolation is up sampling.

As you move through your flow graph, you need to down sample the 10 Msps
to 48 Msps for the audio card.

The WBFM needs a sampling rate of 192 kHz in general so you need to use
the resampler to drop sampling rate from 10 Mps to 192 kHz for WBFM,
i.e., you need to decimate by the sampling rate and interpolate by the
quad rate.

Then WBFM decimates or down samples again by a factor of 4 to the
sampling rate of the audio card.

There's a difference between the interpolation/decimation by rational
resampler and the WBRM - the ratio of the up sampling to down sampling
needs to be a rational number for the rational resampler - whereas the
down sampling in the WBFM needs to be an INEGER multiple of the audio
sampling rate.

You really need to add a low pass filter and avoid the DC offset for the
center frequency in our flow graph.

In any case, you need to spend time on the tutorials - he'll walk
through how to do it. You'll learn a lot.

And I removed hackrf=0 device in the source properties in your flow
graph. If you only have 1 USB RF device plugged into the computer, then
leave it blank.

If you add another RF device use the serial number, e.g,

  hackrf=423226e1

Using hackrf=0 is the old way.

-- Cinaed

ain