[Hackrf-dev] not so good experience for my first SDR

Cinaed Simson cinaed.simson at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 16:37:25 EDT 2017

On 04/14/2017 03:45 AM, mohammed hamoud alkindy wrote:
> Thanks for spoting this, the strange thing is that when I display the version from my mac utility port “sudo port installed hackrf” it shows me the right ver which is 2017.2.1 but I do not know how to check for the libhackrf !!!!!! as I left all this to be taken care by the pakage utitity PORT

I don't know how port chops up the programs.

Try

  hackrf_transfer --help

If it exists it will spit out a bunch of help commands, then try

  hackrf_transfer -r /dev/null

and see if that works.

If it does, see

  https://greatscottgadgets.com/sdr

for an explanation of the output.

And make sure there's only one copy of the hackrf_info installed - use

  find / -name hackrf_info

and see if the latest version of libhackrf is installed

  find / -name libhackrf.so.0.5.0

- at least that's the version I have installed building from the latest
source code.

It's possible the libhackrf version may be libhackrf.so.0.5.x where x is
some number.

Otherwise, try

  sudo port install gr-osmosdr +full

which will take a while and then

  sudo port install gqrx

assuming you haven't already do so - you're going to need them anyway.

Otherwise, I can't help you - I don't understand the problem and I've
never used a Mac.

-- Cinaed