[Hackrf-dev] Narrowband fm - what is the secret?

Cinaed Simson cinaed.simson at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 22:55:14 EDT 2016

Hi - neither APRS or AFSK are FM modulated.

AFSK is digital and uses 2 frequencies - FM is analog and uses a wide
range of frequencies.

APRS is packet based and you need to decode it - which is what your
handset is doing.

See if SDR has a APRS decoder plugin.

Note, gqrx has a APRS decoder.

-- Cinaed