[Hackrf-dev] Current, reasonably priced external clock?

justin.broos justin.broos at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 10:58:23 EST 2016

Ebay,  Amazon have one that ultimately ships from some Chinese manufacturer off of aliexpress / alibaba . The plug in module is $20 iirc.  The description claims to output a 1ppm 10mhz source but no info about the tcxo is listed so who knows; I have equipment at work that could measure but don't have the knowledge of setting it up.  If you do opt for this route,  it would be interesting to know if the module works as advertised as I'm still on the fence to buy it .

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
-------- Original message --------From: Mark Lachniet <mark at lachniet.com> Date: 11/3/16  13:04  (GMT-07:00) To: hackrf-dev at greatscottgadgets.com Subject: [Hackrf-dev] Current, reasonably priced external clock?
Hello all, my apologies for asking a question that I know has been asked
in months past, but it has been long enough that there might be new
options, and some of the previous answers seemed more towards
development than plug-n-play.

I'm very new to SDR (and radio in general) and just learning the ropes.
I was trying to do a PoC on the GPS spoofing using my HackRF and had
limited success.  I got my Nuvi to lock in randomly a little bit but no
real love.  I read that another person needed the external clock in
order to get good results.  I'd like to buy a simple and inexpensive one
that is fairly plug-n-play.  Can anyone recommend a specific model and
vendor to purchase from that doesn't require such tasks as soldering?

I've got a nice long list of other questions but as I'm new and ignorant
I'll hold onto those for a while on the off chance I can figure them out
and appear less needy in the long run :)

Thank you for your time and consideration,
Mark