[Hackrf-dev] FW: gnu radio on windows

Cinaed Simson cinaed.simson at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 13:34:58 EDT 2016

On 11/04/2016 02:01 AM, Ephraim Ben-Ishai wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I ran it on it Pentoo, boot CD and it was ok.
>
> I want to make the laptop dual boot windows 10/Pentoo, do you know of

I'd recommend Debian - or Ubuntu (which is a fork of Debian) - if you
want to run GnuRadio.

Pentoo will be a lot of work. I started with Pentoo too but I still had
to download the source for HackRF and build it in a seperate tree.

And in my case, I experienced a lot system hangs - might have been due
to the OS not dumping cores - but in any case, I got tired of the
command ps hanging so I upgraded the system to Debian Jessie and I
haven't any trouble.

And last but not least, the Pentoo forums suck - I never got a question
answered.

However, if you want to go down the Gentoo rabbit hole, then Pentoo is
the easy way to get started.

Debian on the other hand has a huge amount of information online -
Google will answer most of your questions.

-- Cinaed