[Hackrf-dev] power

Roy Harcup roydxb at me.com
Wed Mar 9 04:24:31 EST 2016

Hi Cinaed,
Yes, dB is a ratio. However, it is commonly referenced to a mW or a W, which does then give a value. What I was saying is that 30dBm (referenced to one milliwatt) is equivalent to one Watt (1000mW). I did not change the reference. To go from 30dBm to 40dBm, an increase of 10dB is an increase of ten times the power, from 1W to 10W in this case. A further 3dB increase doubles the power to 20W. I did not change the reference. As I said before, I suggest that you read up on dB. By the way, it is incorrect to say dBm = dBW, 0dBW is actually 30dBm.
Best regards
Roy