[Hackrf-dev] power

Roy Harcup roydxb at me.com
Tue Mar 8 20:42:41 EST 2016

Hi Cinaed,

You really need to read up on dB’s.

0dBm = 1mW as you have stated;
30dBm = 1W;
40dBm = 10W;
43dBm = 20W, one more dBm will take that to somewhere around 22W (I haven’t done the calculation, I’m working from memory).

If you ’smoke’ the RF stage on the HackRF I doubt that you would see anything usable on the output, indeed you could end up with a really bad source of interference.

Best regards
Roy
Formerly G4GGS