[Hackrf-dev] problem with osmocom_fft

Dominic Spill dominicgs at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 11:56:14 EDT 2016

On 18 June 2016 at 22:29, Cinaed Simson <cinaed.simson at gmail.com> wrote:

> Me thinks it's the version of wx.
>
> Maybe someone else could confirm this?
>
> Assuming it is the version of wx, should I file a bug report - somewhere?

It looks like it's a known bug and is fixed in later versions.

> Jessie:
> '3.0.2.0 gtk2 (classic)'

> Wheezy:
> '2.8.12.1 (gtk2-unicode)'

My first guess is to agree with you that this is the root of the
problem.  Given that you're running over SSH with X forwarding, I
thought that may also be a factor.  However, a bit of googling for the
error message and it looks like it has come up a few times in relation
to GNU Radio tools.

I found a couple of suggested solutions:
1) apt-get install python-opengl
I don't really know what this issue has to do with python opengl
support, but there are a few people reporting that this fixed their
issue. I recommend trying this one.

2) downgrade to 2.8.x
I don't recommend this one at all.

I haven't tried either of these, but I am running WX 3.0 and I can
confirm that my tool osmocom_fft works as expected.

Dominic