[Hackrf-dev] Rx Performance new user

Cinaed Simson cinaed.simson at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 00:23:08 EDT 2016

If you configure the HackRF with the same bandwidth and sampling rate as
the RTL dongle - roughly 2.5 Mbytes/sec, you should find they perform
the same below 1.2 GHz.

In order to determine if you have enough CPU power to drive the HackRF
at 10 Mbytes/sec or higher, type

  hackrf_transfer -r /dev/null   (Linux)
  hackrf_transfer -r NUL         (Windows)

The number of bytes/sec should be equal to 2*sampling_rate.

If it's less, reduce the sampling rate, e.g.,

  hackrf_transfer -r /dev/null  -s 5000000
  hackrf_transfer -r NUL  -s 5000000

- poke around until you find your maximum sampling rate.

See the tutorials on the HackRF at

  https://greatscottgadgets.com/sdr

Until you finish the SDR course, keep your RF gain = 0.

-- Cinaed