[Hackrf-dev] HackRF Rx Design

John Wright cooljohnwright at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 18:20:39 EDT 2016

I am building a prototype for a project and think I need a more sensitive
HackRF One that is Rx *only* from 4GHz -5GHz. I tried using the HackRF One
for sensitive measurements around the 5GHz band and was unable to discern
any measurable signal with/without the EMI kit and conducted the same tests
with another HackRF One user and we arrived at same conclusion.  The Rx
sensitivity rolls off around 3GHz.  I tried a low noise amplifier in
attempt make any signal stand out to no avail.

I have an organization that wants to help me manufacture my prototype but I
do not have a PCB design to share nor am I capable.  Is there anything
anyone could recommend for me to pass on to them that could assist with
overcoming this roadblock.

I need a basic design to get the wheels rolling and the rest will be
handled by developers (so I have been told).

Thanks,
John