[Hackrf-dev] Lesson 11 GnuRadio version?

Dominic Spill dominicgs at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 13:33:17 EST 2016

On 13 January 2016 at 15:54, Dave New, N8SBE <n8sbe at arrl.net> wrote:

> That Wiki page has been deleted (there is a note by Michael saying he
> deleted it because it was causing folks to install an incorrect version
> of hackrf (I didn't seem to have that problem).
>
> The wayback machine at the Internet Archive doesn't have that page
> cached. Is there another copy archived some place?

GitHub wikis are git repositories, so it should be possible to clone
the wiki and roll back to the commit before the page was removed.  The
repository URL is https://github.com/mossmann/hackrf.wiki.git

> I'm guilty of not having taken notes while doing the initial install (my
> bad), since I was relying on being able to access the wiki page in the
> future if I needed to re-do.  In particular, I'm doing a talk at my
> local radio club this evening on GNU Radio and the HackRF One, and I
> wanted to show how simple it is to either run Pentoo from USB (which I
> have) or to install using the package manager on Ubuntu.

You could also run the GNU Radio live DVD/USB image based on Ubuntu:
https://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/GNURadioLiveDVD

> I sure don't have the time to show how to install from sources using
> PyBombs in a 45 minute talk.

Agreed, definitely more interesting to get up and running with a bootable image.