[Hackrf-dev] Lesson 11 GnuRadio version?

Dominic Spill dominicgs at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 19:43:22 EST 2016

On 11 January 2016 at 20:44, Dave New, N8SBE <n8sbe at arrl.net> wrote:

> Seems you upgraded to a more recent GNU Radio version for lesson 11,
> than the 'stock' 3.7.5 that is current for Ubuntu LTS.

I'm running 3.7.8 and I have problems with the flowgraphs because they
use the new QT widgets but I only have the WX widgets installed.
There doesn't appear to be anything in the flowgraphs that you could
not build with 3.7.5 and the WX widgets if you would like to avoid
upgrading for now.

> Is there an easy way to force an upgrade to whatever you are usuing
> (3.7.8?).  The sample files you posted, when opened in 3.7.5, are
> restricted to a small window and cause an error in top_block

The easiest way to keep up to date with GNU radio and the other
associated tools is to build them from source using PyBOMBS:
https://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/pybombs/wiki/QuickStart

This is smart enough to use the dependencies that you already have
installed from the Ubuntu repositories (if possible).  You will need
to apt-get remove the gnuradio binaries that you have installed.

Thanks,
  Dominic