[Hackrf-dev] HackRF for BeagleBone Black

Michael Ossmann mike at ossmann.com
Mon Feb 22 23:59:11 EST 2016

On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 08:08:33PM -0800, Cinaed Simson wrote:

> Maybe a HackRF cape used with the FPGA cape - where the FPGA cape can
> also be used to interface a SATA device :)

That would be very cool but would probably be tricky to integrate
effectively.  (You'd want the HackRF cape to be usable with or without
the FPGA cape.)

We haven't started working on it, but we're thinking about making a new
HackRF that runs ARM Linux and has the same radio section as HackRF One
(all on one board).  Our leading candidate CPU at this point is AM4376,
which is basically the next generation of the CPU on the BeagleBone
Black.  This board would not replace HackRF One but would be a higher
cost option for people who want an embedded Linux SDR platform instead
of a USB peripheral.

I think a BBB cape would be great too, especially if it can be made to
take advantage of other capes that already exist.  This gives it a
versatility for niche applications that our Linux HackRF board wouldn't
have (without having to make your own add-ons).

Mike