[Hackrf-dev] HackRF One dies in continuous operation

Dominic Spill dominicgs at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 02:21:05 EST 2016

On 14 February 2016 at 23:02, william hatch via HackRF-dev
<hackrf-dev at greatscottgadgets.com> wrote:
> I have been using the HackRF One for a year with no problems. We recently
> purchased another three units. All three die after five to thirty minutes
> when operated continuously with a spectrum analyzer app.

When you say that they die in 5-30mins, do you mean that they stop
responding?  Stop returning data?  Or completely fail?  Do they start
to work again after being reset?

> I have loaded the latest HRF firmware. The unit is well vented.
> I have replaced the micro USB cable.
> The USB connection is via a powered USB hub.

All good things, although I have concerns about all three being
connected to the same hub.  What settings are you using on the
HackRFs?  Sample rate?  Do you notice a difference if you reduce the
sample rate?