[Hackrf-dev] tramsmit simple file

McDonald, J Douglas jdmcdona at illinois.edu
Tue Feb 9 22:29:49 EST 2016

I managed to transmit FM radio, finally.

Here's whta I really need:

I have a file, arbitrary length, of 16 bit signed integers .  This is assumed sampled at
20MHz, that is, bandwidth  0 to 10MHz. I could make it a mono wave file, but no header is easier.

I want to read it into  grc  and change it  (presumably by multiplying by a complex sine wave)  to a stream of complex numbers  sampled at 10 MHz,  presumably from -5 to 5 MHz.  This then gets fed to an Osmocom sink to HArckRF which transmits it centered on some high frequency.

The only thing I don't know how to do is read in a plain (non-wav) file at 10 MHZ and
get it to a complex stream at half the sample rate centered at zero.

How do I do these two things?