[Hackrf-dev] Transmit arbitrary waveform

McDonald, J Douglas jdmcdona at illinois.edu
Sat Feb 6 09:24:32 EST 2016

I originally bought a HackRF to bioth transmit and receive. The receive performance
is so awful (aliasing problems) that I gave up.

The problem with transmit is that while I did manage to use Gnu Radio Companion to
get CW signals that was about it.

Has the software situation improved so that its now possible to use it with
plain ordinary Windows?

All I really need to do is EITHER access it from a simple, ordinary, Windows
DLL that I just download and call from a plain, simple C (not C++ or more oddball language)
program, OR have a prebuilt program that reads a data file of IQ data of a fixed length
and play it out at a specified center frequency, repeating a fixed number of times or
forever. I need a max total bandwidth of about 10 MHz, but the area outside that
bandwidth has to be at least reasonably well filtered.

I'm not interested in oddball OSs like Linux.

Doug McDonald