[Hackrf-dev] Finding the Interference with directional antenna?

Scott Davis scottk5ta at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 10:03:33 EST 2016

The HackRF is limited to a 20-MHz bandwidth, which is the approximate width of a single wi-fi channel.  The wi-fi radio in your computer might be a better sniffing tool, with some type of scanning/analysis software that can show the entire band at once.  With the HackRF, you would need to ”tune around” in frequency as well as spatial orientation to get an idea of the signals in your vicinity.

-Scott

Example:

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/hDY7ElO2wAnlVQQ0pesLH70qvAf4xviDvpI2SFtLfpv <https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/hDY7ElO2wAnlVQQ0pesLH70qvAf4xviDvpI2SFtLfpv>