[Hackrf-dev] Building Host with Windows & Visual Studio

Dominic Spill dominicgs at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 05:06:59 EDT 2016

On 18 August 2016 at 16:41, James Brown <Jim at seti.net> wrote:

> I would like to be able to build the host tools using Visual Studio
Community 2015 on Windows 10 x64.
> I have tried the instructions shown for VS 2012 x64 but am having no joy.
> Has anyone built the host with VS 2015 that can share the details with
me?

I know that the PothosSDR project builds using VC12 and VC14, so I would
recommend looking at their build process.  You can find how they configure
HackRF here:
https://github.com/pothosware/PothosSDR/blob/master/BuildHwDrivers.cmake#L153

You'll need to look at specifically their CONFIGURE_COMMAND section.

If you have problems, you can post error output here and we can try to help.

Thanks,
  Dominic