[Hackrf-dev] HackRF not working - help

Don Gray dgray00 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 4 08:43:20 EDT 2016

My amazing HackRF One has stopped working! I purchased the unit from in April of 2015. I have used it just about every week ever since and I have been having a fantastic time exploring Software Defined Radio.
In late February I attempted to use it and it didn't respond at all. I contacted Great Scott Gadgets and they suggested the first course of action should be to join this list to seek assistance. So, after some delay, I'm here!
I have checked the archives for the list and see a couple of other posts describing symptoms that are similar but unclear as to what the resolve was for those instances.
My symptoms:  The 3V3 LED illuminates normally, all other LEDs are illuminated but very dim. If I push RESET, nothing happens. If I push DFU, the RF LED goes out and then if I push RESET the RF LED comes back on (still dim). It does not enumerate on the USB and lsusb doesn't list it. I would really appreciate any advise or suggestions you could provide.... I'm starting to suffer SDR withdrawal !  LOL.
Thanks,Don