[Hackrf-dev] Replacement HackRF One Reception Issues

Dominic Spill dominicgs at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 07:39:52 EDT 2016

On 2 April 2016 at 01:39, John Gosman <john at gosmanaviation.com> wrote:
> Where can I send my Hack RF to be repaired? I bought it at the Dayton
> Hamfest last year. Trouble started with no receive at all. Not even a
> receive light on the unit. Now I have no lights at all.

Hi John,

Could you answer a few questions about your HackRF for me?

When you plug it in, but don't use it, do any lights turn on at all?
How about if you plug it in while holding the DFU buttion?

If you get lights when plugging it in, what does lsusb tell you?
If that works, could you run hackrf_info and let me know the output?

Was your HackRF working for a while before it stopped?  Or was it DOA?

Thanks,
  Dominic