[Hackrf-dev] More RF power

Cinaed Simson cinaed.simson at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 16:21:51 EDT 2016

On 04/03/2016 03:01 AM, Tony Hagen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In the past post I found quite a good amount of the hackrf user want to
> transmit with more RF power.
>
> If you all can discuss your wish list of the band/frequency I can build
> respective low cost RF amplifier of 1, 2, 5 watts or more
>
> Please let me know your interest on this

Hmm, at 1 W a VSWR over 1.22:1 may smoke the RF amplifier on the HackRF
- assuming roughly a 10 mW reflection smokes it - and ignoring all the
losses in the system.

How about low power amplifiers (100-500 mW) - with a maximum RF_IN of at
least 20 dBm?

How about low power band pass filters - with a maximum RF_IN of at least
20 dBm for the HackRF, Ubertooth and Yardstick?

-- Cinaed