[Hackrf-dev] HackRF Transmit

Dominic Spill dominicgs at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 13:21:20 EDT 2015

On 24 September 2015 at 14:20, Dana Shtun <ve3dss at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Its a bit of a waste of technology NOT to transmit!

There are definitely HackRF users transmitting in many different bands.

>  - there are bands assigned
> for unlicensed low power devices (ISM) that can be used to transmit without
> worrying about licensing.
> 433, 915, etc.... just check your local regulations

These are the bands that I transmit in and are great fun for playing
with off the shelf wireless devices (remote controls, wireless
doorbells, zigbee, etc)

I've also seen DAB transmitted from a HackRF One along with other
broadcast technologies.

> So this is a challenge to the community to help develop the tools and
> interfaces to turn this wonderful technology into a really useful device
> for communication as well as experimentation.

I fully support anyone developing tools that make use of the HackRF
hardware, especially if those tools are open source and can be used by
other HackRF users.  I'd love to see any of them

I would also like to encourage anyone who has built GNU Radio
flowgraphs for either transmit or receive to share them, either on
this list or elsewhere online (github, dropbox, pastebin, etc).  The
best way for all of us to learn from each other is to share what we
have discovered by experimentation.

A great place to start is here: https://github.com/argilo/sdr-examples

Dominic