[Hackrf-dev] HackRF DX 100Km on 1296.1

Dana Shtun ve3dss at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 23 16:32:44 EDT 2015

Hi All
Last night fired up the HackRF again into my 43 element loop yagi @ 60 feet and was copiedwith a very good signal strength at a distance of 100 Km (60 Miles) on 1296.1 MHz using CW (morse code)and running the Hack as a propagation beacon (repeating message).Power output appears to be normal, but I am not sure how the IF and RF power controls work exactly .
With the right software front end this little box would be a boon to the VHF UHF amateur radiocommunity for receive and transmit on our VHF UHF and Microwave bands.
I wonder what it would take to interface it to something like PowerSDR ?
RegardsDana VE3DS in Toronto