[Hackrf-dev] Amateur radio with HackRF One and gnuradio

Scott Davis scottk5ta at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 22:46:00 EDT 2015

I don’t think this list is attachment-friendly, so I’ll send a screenshot of my 2m Rx flowgraph to your email address.  Don’t panic -- it’s way more complicated than you need for starters.  I was looking at 3 FFTs — RF, IF and audio, and I included an audio band-reject filter to get rid of CTCSS tones from repeaters.  Also had a variable RF gain control, a channel selector and a simple variable squelch.

However, the basic “Hello world” ought to work fine if you just change the frequency to your target, and replace the WBFM receive block with an NBFM receive block at 5kHz deviation.  Maybe that’s what’s causing your distorted audio…?

-Scott K5TA