[Hackrf-dev] SDR with hackRF Lesson 1 issue with newer gnuradio-companion

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 08:01:42 EDT 2015

I went through lesson one last night.

If you build gr via pyBOMBS the by default the WX fft control does not
work any more.

You get:

Error 0:
Block - wxgui_fftsink2_0 - WX GUI FFT Sink(wxgui_fftsink2):
  Can't generate this block in mode 'qt_gui'

See here:

http://gnuradio.4.n7.nabble.com/Trouble-with-installation-via-PyBOMBS-on-Ubuntu-14-04-2-LTS-td53314.html

As the post says the fix is easy but being a total newbe it took me a
while to realize the error and then to find the fix.

Might be worth a note in the web page errata or in the FAQ.  I'm sure
this issue will come up in other lessons as well.

--
Richard A. Smith