[Hackrf-dev] Strange reaction

Andreas Galauner andreas at galauner.de
Sat Nov 28 18:24:13 EST 2015

On 27.11.2015 21:44, Antoine de Nervaux wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a HackRF since not so long and I have a strange reaction with it.
>
> First, apparently, I cannot use rtl-sdr. When I try to use it, I have
> Inline image 2

You can't use the rtl_* tools with the hackrf.
In case you really want to use an RTL-SDR along with the hackrf, read on.

Unload all modules regarding the RTL28xx:
sudo rmmod rtl2830
sudo rmmod rtl2832
sudo rmmod dvb_usb_rtl28xxu

You can create a blacklist so that these modules aren't loaded again in
/etc/modprobe.d/rtlsdr.conf with the following contents:
blacklist rtl2830
blacklist rtl2832
blacklist dvb_usb_rtl28xxu

With these drivers unloaded, you can't use the stick as a DVB-T receiver
anymore, but who does that anyway? :P

You might also be missing udev rules to fix certain permissions so that
you can access the device. Try running rtl_info as root. If it works,
that's the case.

> Secondly, when I want to use gqrx for example, everything works but I
> have several 000000 which are printed in the background and thus in
> addition to the "Could not resolv property" message in behind:
> Inline image 5
> Inline image 4
>

> Is it normal?

O means overflow - samples are coming in from the radio at a higher rate
than they are consumed.
Hit the first button in the toolbar, this enables processing, I think -
don't have the hardware with me right now.

- Andy