[Hackrf-dev] HackRF as a function generator

Dominic Spill dominicgs at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 12:50:53 EST 2015

On 14 November 2015 at 09:56, MA <mehdideveloper at gmail.com> wrote:

> Can I use HackRF as a function generator?

>From a software point of view, it's very easy to accomplish.  If you
want to use GNU Radio you can use the waveform generator block [1]

> (The only thing I've found is "osmocomm_siggen" and a single page in
> Michael's Recon2014 presentation, under "Baseband Expansion Board" title)

>From the hardware side, there is a header on HackRF (P9 on the right
hand side of this image) which allows access to the baseband, giving
you direct access to the output of the DACs (and input to the ADCs).
The "Baseband Expansion Board" would be plugged in to that header to
allow signals to be used without passing through the analogue
front-end.  The expansion board would be used to mix the I and Q
signals (and possibly offer some other features).

Dominic

[1] https://gnuradio.org/doc/doxygen/group__waveform__generators__blk.html#gac97c0f42ffb63f1265decceaaeab9177
[2] https://i.imgur.com/og7TGVz.jpg