[Hackrf-dev] Install GNURadio on Windows

Dominic Spill dominicgs at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 10:55:55 EST 2015

On 14 November 2015 at 19:59, Mitja kocjančič <veso266 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi to all I am trying to install GNU Radio on Windows with osmocom source
> and sink and HackRF Support So I've tried installing it via this method:
> https://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/WindowsInstall#Chocolatey
> (after installing lxml and Cheetah manualy) I finaly fired GNU Radio but (as
> I thougt) it was missing SDR Source and Sink (only UHD stuff were there

It looks like the GNU Radio install from chocolatey uses the binaries
published by the GNU Radio project [1].

> Is there any way I can manualy add osmocom source and sink into GNU Radio on
> windows?

You will need to build the HackRF library and tools on your Windows
system.  You will need libusb [2] and cmake [3], both of which are
available for Windows, and a compiler such as MinGW.  Instructions for
building HackRF with MinGW are available [4], or for MSVC[5] which
should help with building the HackRF and osmocom tools[6].

[1] http://files.ettus.com/binaries/gnuradio/gnuradio_v3.7.3/
[2] http://sourceforge.net/projects/libusb/files/libusb-1.0/libusb-1.0.20/libusb-1.0.20.7z/download
[3] https://cmake.org/download/
[4] https://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/MingwInstallMain