[Hackrf-dev] hackrf on Windows

Dominic Spill dominicgs at gmail.com
Sat May 30 19:34:10 EDT 2015

On 30 May 2015 at 22:13, McDonald, J Douglas <jdmcdona at illinois.edu> wrote:

> The problem is the usual one ... that leads to more strange things.
> I found hackrf.c and hackrf.dll but not the libhackrf.lib that's necessary to compile.

Are you following a set of build instructions for Windows?  Could you
point me to them so that I can try them?

> And the cource code to it, apparently hackrf.c, has strange dependencies that I don;t have.

Could you elaborate on what these are?  Error messages from the build
process would be acceptable.

> Does anybody have libhackrf.lib and the .dll files for all those other things.

As I understand it, most Windows users get the .dll as part of the
SDR# build or that of a plugin that was built to support HackRF.  I do
not know what the libhackrf.lib file is.

I found this set of instructions for using the SDR# plugin, although
it is almost two years old.  It certainly pre-dates the last software
release.
http://superfro.org/setting-up-hackrf-in-windows-with-sdr/

Thanks,
  Dominic