[Hackrf-dev] Analog TV Transmitter

McDonald, J Douglas jdmcdona at illinois.edu
Tue May 26 08:17:34 EDT 2015

As to analog TV, I bought the HackRF for that and have been unable to
do anything. The source code exists but is hopelessly impenetrable due
to the Gnu-ish style. I too would simply love to getpointers
on how to access the thing directly and not through the "companion".
I mean through a SIMPLE software interface, just calling subroutines
and getting callbacks from a timer to send packets. And of course
using Windows would be far better than Linux. But there seems
no way to do that.

I want to emit 1950 field sequential (CBS) color and 1950 standard PAL and
PAF (phase alternating field)  color with a 3.89 MHz subcarrier as well
as variable field and frame rate B&W (And color too!) TV for 1920s and 30s sets

I've essentially given up. But I'd love to get it working.

The HackRF has such a bad internal passband filter that TV is always
going to have substantial images above and below the correct TV
signal, though well outside an ordinary receiver bandpass.

Doug McDonald