[Hackrf-dev] hackrf_open() failed: HACKRF_ERROR_LIBUSB (-1000)

Dominic Spill dominicgs at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 09:20:14 EDT 2015

On 18 March 2015 at 11:22, Vincent Le Nir <vlenir.ciss.rma at gmail.com> wrote:

> We have just received the Hackrf and we are developing a C++ application to
> transmit and receive data samples.

Are you writing this from scratch rather than using GNU Radio?  Using
libHackRF to communicate with the hardware?

> As the Hackrf is half duplex, we need to open and close the hackrf.

I know that someone was implementing a gnu radio flow graph with both
TX and RX (using two HackRF One units) and came across problems with
USB contexts.  I wonder if this is related to the same problem.

> This error occurs also when using the command hackrf_info

I can successfully reproduce this problem with the following script:
#!/bin/bash
i=0
j=0
while [ $i -eq 0 ]
do
    hackrf_info > /dev/null
    i=$?
    j=$[$j+1]
done
echo "Failed on attempt $j"

> Does anyone knows how to solve this problem?

Are you using the 2014.08 release or the latest code from GitHub?

Have you tried switching between TX and RX without closing the device?

Thanks,
  Dominic