[Hackrf-dev] hackrf_open() failed: HACKRF_ERROR_LIBUSB (-1000)

Vincent Le Nir vlenir.ciss.rma at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 07:22:28 EDT 2015

Hi everyone,

We have just received the Hackrf and we are developing a C++ application to
transmit and receive data samples. As the Hackrf is half duplex, we need to
open and close the hackrf. This opening-closing process is working several
times but at a certain moment the hackrf cannot be opened anymore.

hackrf_open() failed: HACKRF_ERROR_LIBUSB (-1000)

This error occurs also when using the command hackrf_info

For several times, the command hackrf_info answers correctly:
Found HackRF board.
Board ID Number: 2 (HackRF One)
Firmware Version: 2014.08.1
Part ID Number: 0xa000cb3c 0x004e4f57
Serial Number: 0x00000000 0x00000000 0x14d463dc 0x2f2cafe1

At a certain moment, the command hackrf_info gives an error:

hackrf_open() failed: HACKRF_ERROR_LIBUSB (-1000)

Does anyone knows how to solve this problem?

Best Regards

vlenircissrma