[Hackrf-dev] HackRF Transmitt on windows

Matt -VK2DAG- matt at vk2dag.com
Sat Mar 14 21:14:26 EDT 2015

>Hi anyone know if any transmittion software exist (besids GNURadio) for
>HackRF
>Like we have SDRSharp and SDRConsole V2 for recieving (we can demodulate
>WFM, NFM, AM, USB, LSB we can even decode RDS: PI Code, PS, RT) so any
>software exist (for windows) that can do all this things

No there is nothing at the moment.  So it's learn GnuRadio and
python!  I asked Simon of SDRConsole fame if there will be any chance
of Tx in the future and he said "No!".

So what we are waiting for is someone with coding ability to make an
ExtIO for HDSDR

Q: What is an ExtIO-DLL?
A: The HDSDR software doesn't communicate with the SDR hardware
directly. It communicates with the SDR radio hardware through an
External Input Output Dynamic Link Library (ExtIO-DLL) file, which is
a type of plug-in. Alberto di Bene designed the DLL interface so that
Winrad can operate with a wide range of SDR hardware. We extended the
DLL-interface to support TX switching. Winrad and HDSDR can support
new hardware radios using an ExtIO-DLL file without the need to
change the HDSDR software. ExtIO DLL files are written by anyone who
wishes to provide support for any particular SDR hardware. In this
manner, several radios can be used with a single piece of software.
The software in this case is HDSDR.

Q: How do I develop an ExtIO-DLL?
A: At this point, we assume that you are a software developer
familiar with C/C++ programming. Here is a "hopefully" well
documented <http://www.hdsdr.de/download/LC_ExtIO_Types.h>header file
(updated February 24, 2014), which specifies the interface between
HDSDR and an ExtIO-DLL. Here is also an example
<http://hdsdr.de/download/ExtIO/ExtIO_Demo_101.zip>ExtIO DLL with
sources as public-domain, developed with Microsoft Visual C++ 2008
Express Edition.
Balint wrote one for USPR http://wiki.spench.net/wiki/ExtIO_USRP
dunno if it transmits.

I'll keep waiting.  I am all hardware coding gives me the sh......

Matt