[Hackrf-dev] Amp On or Off

Tom vsboost at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 30 22:03:37 EDT 2015

Just curious to what people do with the amp, do you run it most of the time
and not worry about frying it due to nearby transmitters? I'm in two minds
as in I would like to use it as much as I can because it makes a huge
difference, especially when driving and monitoring the ISM bands but at the
same time I worry that a strong transmitter nearby might damage it, I mean
is this really the case even though It might me few hundred mhz away from a
strong transmitting station.

I read one story where someone has destroyed the amp but that was because it
was connected to a satellite dish or something like that (can't remember the
full story) are there any other cases where someone has destroyed the amp?

Thanks

Tom