[Hackrf-dev] HackRF TX does not stop after stopping flowchart

Kevin Reid kpreid at switchb.org
Tue Jun 9 11:20:46 EDT 2015

On Jun 9, 2015, at 8:00, Ben Z en de rest <hoofdeigenwijs at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Playing around with the HackRF and NFM transmitter (on the dummyload of course) I noticed that stopping the flowchart keeps the HackRF in TX mode.

I assume you're using gr-osmosdr and GNU Radio Companion.

In my experience, using the stop button in GRC doesn't give the process a chance to clean up. (I don't know what signal it's sending.)

If you shut it down more nicely then gr-osmosdr will in fact stop TX:
  • for GUI, close the window
  • for no-GUI, run it in an actual terminal and ^C it

For what it's worth, I do agree that it'd be nice if the firmware recognized this condition and stopped TX/RX. I just filed an issue:
https://github.com/mossmann/hackrf/issues/180

--
Kevin Reid                                  <http://switchb.org/kpreid/>