[Hackrf-dev] Fwd: Osmocom Sink HACKRF_ERROR_NOT_FOUND, source does find and work

Ben Z en de rest hoofdeigenwijs at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 06:33:51 EDT 2015

Hi,

I am playing around with GRC 3.7.7.1 build from the script.

I have build a NFM and a WFM receiver with use of the Osmocom Source,
device arguments hackrf=0 and that works allright.

Then I built a NFM TX, and tried to use the Osmocom Sink, also with hackrf=0

That fails, with the message:

gr-osmosdr v0.1.4-44-gf33f3081 (0.1.5git) gnuradio 3.7.7.1
built-in sink types: uhd hackrf bladerf
Number of USB devices: 7
USB device 1d50:6089:
FATAL: Failed to open HackRF device (-5) HACKRF_ERROR_NOT_FOUND

Trying to fill up 1 missing channel(s) with null sink(s).

I have added an USB power supply meter, the hackrf runs at 5.04 Volt with
210 ma current, so dropping power on TX should not be the problem.

I have no clue how to solve this. I tried the rmmod hackrf "fix" I read
somewhere for the (-1000) error but the module hackrf is not loader.

Any hints on this ?

Thanks,

Ben